Put in the simplest form, e-commerce refers to buying and selling of products and services over internet. After a steep uphill rise, the current estimated market size of e-commerce is USD 10 billion. Segmenting the industry into specific verticals, we get –
- Online Travel
- Digital Download
- Financial Services
- Other Online Services
The impressive 70% year-on-year growth of the e-commerce industry is credited primarily to dedicated and focused efforts towards “creating everlasting customer experiences”. This has widely become the golden rule for success of any e-commerce business. Any enterprise that can manage to create differentiators in service delivery is able to decipher the code of ‘Happy Customers’.
Today’s smart businesses are adapting best practices of customer experience management and are implementing automation systems to optimize their service delivery methodology. Even the technology is evolving quite rapidly to support the dynamic needs of such businesses. The prime need is to sit on top of this rapidly advancing innovations and delivering superior customer experience. We elaborate on a few special attention areas here:
- Routine Enquiries should be minimized by Pro-Active outreach - Most of the daily customer interactions comprise of inquires of the order status, confirmations etc. This should be minimized by an effective out-reach system that pro-actively connects to the customers via multiple communications channels including Phone, SMS, Email.
- No Customer Call should be missed – Any e-commerce business just cannot afford to miss a single call from customer. The missed call could mean a lost business opportunity or further annoying a dissatisfied customer which could be disastrous for any B2C business.
- Repeat Calls should be given special attention – It is very important that an e-commerce business is keeping a close watch on the kind of customer calls they receive. If there are repeat calls from a customer, connecting him/ her to the right agent can make all the difference to the experience he/ she takes back home.
- Measuring experience across platforms – Businesses should be able to monitor and analyze the service delivery across the entire business applications infrastructure. Each technology component facilitating business processes plays a crucial role in customer experience delivery and needs to be measured effectively.
Adopting best practices to your service delivery starts from finding the right supporting platform to implement your ideas. Considering the needs of a highly volatile industry like E-commerce, we detail out the must-haves for a solution backing day-to-day processes here –
The right solution should have:
- Multimedia communications – The customer today has access to multiple communication channels. A quick reach to the customer via call, text message or email can add the advantage of being pro-active as opposed to reactive.
- Unified Business Systems – When the stress is on end-user experience, you cannot afford to waste time shuttling between disparate systems to manage the day-today activities. The right solution integrated entire back-end applications to a single platform that measures, analyzes and delivers seamlessly.
- Adaptability to process changes – Dynamic business environments like e-commerce require dynamic solution platform. Besides having the ability to accept changes, the solution is also required to change quickly and without burning a hole in the pocket!
- Reliability – Business criticality cannot be compromised with downtimes and rigidity. The right solution ensures that you never have system failures. It performs seamlessly even with additional system resources and completely maps to the business scaling.
Drishti introduces you to Ameyo e.Biz. The solution is a multichannel interaction management system that focuses on experience creation. With Ameyo e.Biz, you add the power of pro-active customer service to your day-to-day business operations. The experience that travels forward is a good one and spreads through word-of-mouth bringing you repeat and new business from the same customer base.
At the core of Ameyo e.Biz is the patent-pending Ameyo Development Platform that provides you the agility for managing your entire customer interaction cycle. The solution delivers unfailingly with uptimes of the order 99.9% and process-specific customizations on the fly. The SOA and MDA based architecture of Ameyo e.Biz ensures that you can innovate and implement high-value business processes without worrying about technology support and costs.
Ameyo e.Biz encompasses all the ‘must haves’ and helps you implement the ‘best practices’ for delivering ‘WoW’ experiences to your customers.
Download Ameyo e.Biz Brochure